Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Household Guide to Dying

Sound macabre? This novel offers a poignant and irreverent look at the process of dying, from the vantage point of a 30 - something fictional woman who moves between the roles of daughter, wife, mother, advice columnist and novelist. Written by Debra Adelaide, the pages contain humor, wisdom, practical advice and enough tenderness to to cause the reader to shed a few tears. I enjoyed this book. It was my selection to facilitate for book club and I am looking forward to discussing the book and the topic with my book club buddies this Wednesday evening. Here are a couple of reviews/interviews:
  1. Conversations live with Vicki St. Clair - Seattle radio KKNW am 1150, review by Cynthia Baxter
  2. Sydney Morning Herald - May 17, 2008 - Interview with Susan Wyndham
  3. The Ember - Nick Terrell
  4. ABC National Radio, Australia (Richard Aedy interviewer) Podcast - Debra Adelaide is the second interview

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I saw the title of this book and thought my chance to publish my own book was torpedoed. Luckily this is a novel and mine is more of a reference. I guess I better start writing or I will really miss out on my chance.

    Thanks for posting this. Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete