Saturday, January 1, 2011

Absence

I apologize to readers of this blog for ceasing to post without explanation. Amidst completing the requirements for the Palliative Medicine fellowship, moving from Ottawa to Winnipeg and starting two new positions, I lost one beloved relative to a COPD exacerbation and two very dear friends, one to cancer and the other unexpectedly but peacefully. Two other friends have been diagnosed with advanced cancer in the past few months. My world has become noticeably smaller and I am grieving these losses. I assumed the role of Executrix for the first time in yet another city, and experienced first hand the enormity of this task. Other responsibilities continue..... I cannot commit to regular posts, but I enjoyed blogging very much and miss this form of exploration and self expression. I will add to this site as I am able.

No comments:

Post a Comment